Let’s face it, we all have stress. Whether it comes from school, or personal problems, we all deal with our levels of stress in our own ways. For those of us who use food to handle our stress, or even eat just because we’re bored, here are five easy, tasty and healthy snacks to make. The great thing about these, is most of these can be made with what we already have at hand, or for less than ten dollars. That’s the same as getting a meal at your local fast food place, only this will last you longer than just one day and still taste just as good.
Here are five healthy and easy snacks everyone can keep on hand!
- Trail Mix- This is a classic snack and can be made with virtually anything. It’s easy to make, you can make a lot at one time and eat it anywhere, use this recipe or mix some of your favorite healthy things together like sunflower seeds, almonds instead of walnuts, or white chocolate chips if you don’t like chocolate. This recipe calls for:
- 1 oz walnuts
- 1 Tbsp dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 Tbsp dark chocolate chips.
- Flavored Water- One of the easiest and cheapest things to make is flavored water. It’s simply a jug, or bottles of water with added fruits or vegetables. Since we often mistake dehydration for hunger, this is a great way to curb the cravings and get your daily needed amount of H2O. Here are some suggestions to get you started!
- Open PB&J- If you’re a fan of peanut butter and jelly, you’ll enjoy taking it to the next level. Start with one slice whole-wheat toast add one tablespoon peanut butter, half a banana and some honey. This tasty snack takes about five minutes to make.
- Mini Parfait- Calcium, protein, and a serving of fruits all in one place! Just grab some fruit, granola or nuts and yogurt. Mix it together and you have a quick and easy parfait. Use plain yogurt, or mix it with your favorite flavor.
- Veggies and dip- Another classic, combine your favorite veggies with dips such as low-fat ranch, guacamole, hummus, the choices are almost unlimited. Or take them with you and just eat them plain. You can eat them anytime, anywhere and the best thing is, they aren’t too messy.