- Crackers with peanut butter and banana slices. 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 small sliced banana.
- Tropical yogurt parfait. Greek yogurt with choice of sliced fruit.
- Apple moons. Sliced apple spread with peanut or almond butter with pressed granola.
Recipes for Healthier Choices
- Fruit Smoothie- blend 1 cup of vanilla yogurt, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 frozen banana and 1/4 cup orange juice in a blender until smooth.
- Mango Salsa- toss 1 cup each diced mango and black beans with 1/4 cup diced red onions, add 2 tablespoons each chopped pickled jalapenos and the liquid from the jar, chopped with cilantro and lime juice. Enjoy it with multi-grain tortilla scoops.
- Peanut Butter/Apple Butter spread on whole-wheat toast topped with banana slices.
- Goji-Berrry Trail Mix- 1 cup raw almonds, 1 cup goji berry, 1/2 pumpkins seeds, 1/2 sunflower seeds, 1/2 walnuts, 12 dried apricots. Mix with greek yogurt for more sweetness.
- Banana Dippers- cut bananas into 1/2 inch chunks, spread one end in 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter, add nuts/fruits on top.
- Bacon and Tomato Lettuce Wrap- wrap one piece of cooked bacon and one piece of slice tomato in 2 leaves of lettuce. Add 1/2 tablespoon of dressing of your choice.
Swaps at Restaurants
- Replace soda with water or tea. All the sugar in soda can accumulate in body fat. The catechin in tea triggers the release of fat from fat cells and triggers the release of fat from fat cells.
- Have a salad for an appetizer. Many appetizers in the food industry are high in fat such as buffalo wings, potato skins, etc. Eating a salad can cut calories.
- Choose a Healthy side alternative. Replace unhealthy sides such as fries and mashed potatoes with steamed vegetables and rice. Starchy foods can lead to weight gain. Replace french fries with sweet potato fries.